Alabang back pain chiropractors and patients fight the same battle when it comes to back pain. Back pain is the top complaint of Filipino workers, according to Inquirer.net. In addition, about 80% of Filipino adults experience back pain one way or another. It can impact a person’s work and social life, and ability to perform daily tasks.
More About Backaches
Although often not severe, back pain can bring on a great deal of discomfort. People of all ages can experience it, particularly adults between the ages of 35 to 55 years. Back pain can indicate that something is off in the way the muscles, discs, spinal joints, and nerves fit together and function.
On the other hand, lower back pain is often due to issues in these parts:
- Lower back muscles
- Discs between the vertebrae
- Spinal cord and nerves
- Bony lumbar spine
- Ligaments around the spine and discs
- Abdominal and pelvic internal organs
People at Higher Risk for Back Pain
Due to many factors such as hormones, lifestyle, and environmental elements, some people are at greater risk of developing back pain. Here is a list of people who are more likely to experience back pain:
- Older adults
- Those working a stressful job
- Females, due to hormonal factors and stiff pelvic structure
- Pregnant women
- Those who are living a sedentary lifestyle
- Those with depression or anxiety
- Those who often do strenuous exercise or physical work
Common Causes of Back Pain
The structure of the back consists of complex parts such as muscles, the column of bones (vertebrae), nerves, tendons, and ligaments. In between each vertebra is a disc, a cartilage-like pad that acts as shock absorber and prevents the bones from rubbing together. Back pain occurs if any one of these units breaks down. Listed below are some of the common causes of back pain:
1. Poor posture or daily activities
- Stretching the neck too far forward when driving or using a computer
- Sitting and standing for long periods
- Bending awkwardly
- Picking up or carrying an object incorrectly
- Bending down for extended periods
- Pushing or pulling something
- Coughing or sneezing
Muscle spasms may follow if you stretch the back muscles and ligaments too far. Any of these actions can result in muscle spasms:
- Lifting heavy objects if you are not in shape
- Extreme physical exertion
- Bending or crouching repeatedly
- Abrupt and awkward movements
3. Structural problems
- Abnormal spine curvature: Unnatural curves of the spine are often a result of misalignment, as occurs with scoliosis. It can bring on back pain.
- Ruptured discs: The nerves are under too much pressure with a ruptured disc, leading to back pain.
- Bulging discs: Like ruptured discs, swelling of the disc in between vertebrae can put pressure on the nerves and result in back pain.
- Sciatica: This is a sharp, intense pain that begins from the lower back through the hips and buttocks, and down the legs. The cause is usually a herniated or swollen disc pressing on a nerve.
- Arthritis: The lower back is the major location of arthritis back pain as it carries the majority of the body’s weight. Arthritis occurs when the cartilage of the spinal joints breaks down, leading to movement of the bones and development of pointed bony outgrowths called spurs. The spurs can push the nerves, resulting in back pain.
- Osteoporosis: The reduction in the quality and density of the spinal bones leaves them porous and brittle. This can cause fractures.
4. Infection of the spine
Bacteria and fungi can infect the tissues around the spinal cord. Some of the symptoms of infection in the spine are back pain, swelling or redness around the affected area, and fever.
5. Cauda equina syndrome
This is due to damage of the cauda equina, nerves below the end of the spinal cord. This condition causes lower back pain, weakness in the legs, and tingling or numbness in the buttocks and lower extremities.
6. Cancer of the spine
A tumor presses on the sensitive nerve endings in the spinal column, causing volatility of the spine. Even worse, it can also result in paralysis.
7. Additional infections
Kidney, bladder, or pelvic inflammatory conditions can also be the root causes of back pain.
8. Sleep disorders
The lack of ample sleep prevents muscles from re-energizing, and that can trigger back pain.
The varicella-zoster virus can infect the sensory nerves, leading to pain that spreads from the back to the front of the chest.
The Best Kept Secret for Back Pain Relief
More people are starting to uncover the secret solution to long-lasting relief from back pain—that is none other than upper cervical chiropractic. Many patients seeking a natural pain reliever for back pain turn to this unique form of care because of its effectiveness. Upper cervical chiropractic is the finest option there is to get rid of back pain as it gets to the very root cause of it.
We at N8 Upper Cervical in Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, help our patients by taking a closer look at the bones of the upper cervical spine, specifically the C1 and C2 vertebrae. Injury to the head or neck can cause these spinal bones to move out of their normal alignment, and eventually force the entire spine to shift. As this happens, the nerves and muscles feel strain and stress, which can result in different kinds of back pain.
If you’re looking for Alabang back pain chiropractors, go ahead and call our practice or complete our contact form. We base our adjustments on the results of x-rays and diagnostic imaging instruments we use. This makes our method gentle and precise, as these are important in returning the bones to their normal positions. Once normal alignment returns naturally, the body can start to recover from the damage. Patients can then bid goodbye to their back pain.